MOT Testing in Carluke
MOT Class 4 , 5 and 7 now available from just £50
Professional Testing with James Street Garage
Looking to book your vehicle in for an MOT test? Express are approved by the government department, DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency formerly VOSA) to carry out MOT testing for any car and model class 4 vehicle.
All of our MOT testers have been trained and approved by the DVSA to carry out your MOT to the DVLA's requirements. They also attend regular MOT test training courses to keep up to date with the ever-changing MOT regulations.
Check Your MOT Status
Click the link below to check your MOT status using the .Gov website.Check MOT Status
How is your vehicle checked during an MOT test?
During an MOT Test, the examiner will check many areas of the vehicle, including bodywork, emissions and safety features, the test ensures that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards. Below are the main areas that are covered:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment:
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on